LONG-DISTANCE TRANSPORTATION REGULATIONS OF the Motor Transport Company "POLONUS" in Warsaw, a joint stock company issued pursuant to Art. 4 of the Act of 15 November 1984. Transport law act/ unified text: Journal of Laws dated on 2000, No. 50, clause 601 with later amendments / (long distance communication) and to fulfill the obligation imposed by art. 18 b. 1 clause 5 of the Act dated on September 6, 2001 on road transport Journal of Laws dated on 2004 No. 204 clause 2088 with later amendments).
|Regulamin przewozów PKS Polonus do pobrania w formie pdf||Oświadczenie do pobrania w formie pdf (przewóz osoby małoletniej)|
These Regulations define the conditions of travelers service, departure and transportation of persons, luggage and belongings, carried out within the framework of business activity in road transport of people run by the Motor Transport Company "POLONUS" in Warsaw, a joint stock company with its registered office in Warsaw, Al. Yerozolimskie 144, hereinafter referred to as PKS POLONUS, having a Community license for the road transport of people by the Chief Inspector of Road Transport.
1. The terms used in the regulations mean:
Ticket - means a valid document, another evidence of the conclusion of a contract of carriage or data allowing verification of the conclusion of a contract of carriage
Business carriage – commercial economic activity based on the fulfillment of contract of passengers and their belongings carriage in regular public transport and group transport;
Regular services- means services involving the carriage of passengers by bus or coach at specified intervals and on specific routes, with passengers being picked up from predetermined stops and carried to predetermined stops;
Occasional services - means services that are not covered by the definition of regular services and their main feature is that they involve carriage by bus or coach of groups of passengers formed on the initiative of the customer or the carrier;
Disabled Person – “Disabled Person” or “Person with reduced mobility” means any person whose mobility when using the means of transportation is restricted as a result of any physical (sensory or motor impairment, permanent or temporary disability), intellectual disability, handicap or any other cause of disability or age and whose state requires proper attention and adaptation to its specific needs of services provided to all passengers.
Special regular transport services - regular transport of people on public roads according to the agreed bus timetable resulting from the authorization granted by the competent local administration authority, on the basis of an agreement between the carrier and the organizer of the carriage;
Carrier - Polonus PKS S.A.in Warsaw
Group transportation - services performed on time and on terms agreed in the contract between the carrier and the transport organizer for third parties – i.e. group transport participants;
Stop - a place intended for boarding or deboarding passengers on a certain communication line, which contains information, in particular, the vehicles departure times, marked with the relevant road sign;
Departure point - a bus stop, a station or a stop at a place of departure or arrival of a specific person or another designated place for a group of people in group transport;
Bus Service - specified in the timetable connection between two points on a specified route of regular commuter traffic in one direction;
Coach - a motor vehicle designed for the carriage of not less than 9 persons on passenger seats.
Terminal - means a terminal operated by a specific staff in which a scheduled stop according to a specific route is provided for boarding the passengers and which is equipped with facilities such as a check-in counter, a waiting room, or a ticket office
II GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. The contract of carriage of persons and things by public transport as part of regular bus service of the Carrier takes place through the purchase by the Traveler of the ticket for the journey.
2. The contract of carriage for a reduced carriage requires submission of documented proof of reduced carriage, carriage of a baggage, or presentation of a document authorizing a seat on a bus without paying for carriage, before the commencement of the carriage.
3. In the event of a violation by the Traveler of the provisions of paragraph 2, the contract of carriage shall be concluded by the occupation of the seat on the coach or baggage placement. The Traveler then bears the consequences set out in the Transport Regulations for the lack of a valid ticket for the carriage of persons and / or baggage.
4. The performance of a contract of carriage shall be deemed to have begun when the coach where the passenger stays departs from the place of departure.
5. Carriage of people and things takes place on the basis of the appropriate Ticket, valid for a specific day, hour and route or the Periodic Ticket.
6. The Carrier shall not carry standing passengers subject to paragraph. 7.
7. It is possible to carry standing passengers if all the following requirements are met jointly:
- a) according to the data contained in the vehicle documents (including a registration document) there is a possibility of carriage of standing people on the vehicle,
- b) it will not exceed the admissible number of bus seats (according to the vehicle documentation),
- c) there are exceptional circumstances,
- d) there is a clear request from the passenger,
- e) the passenger has been informed by the driver of the dangers of standing carriage,
9. Between the ages of 13 and 18, they can travel alone on condition that they have a “Statements of carriage of a minor”, filled in by a parent or a guardian. The carrier is not responsible for the unaccompanied minor. The actions of a minor are the responsibility of parents or legal guardians.
10 A Traveler who holds a ticket or a carriage document has the right to:
- a.travel by the route specified in the ticket and on a particular coach, and transport free of charge:
- i.hand luggage items,
- ii.pets and domestic birds provided they are carried on their knees in suitable containers for their transportation without hindering travel to other passengers,
- iii.a certified guide dog (in the case of a blind passenger);
- iv. a folded wheelchair if the passenger is a user of such a wheelchair.
- b.to transport for a fee provided in the fare, on the basis of a baggage ticket:
- i.baggage placed in the coach trunk, if its weight and dimensions do not allow to put it as hand luggage,
III CARRIER'S RESPONSIBILITY
1. The method of determining the amount of charges for the carriage of passengers and baggage and the scope and conditions for the exercise of allowances for reduced-fare and free fares shall be determined by the tariff of the carrier and the Laws and regulations thereon, and as well as the contract with the competent authorities.
2. The Carrier shall make the current price lists available to the public and shall provide the Travelers concerned with a free view of the travel arrangements at the Carrier's office, at the bus service and at other service locations if there is the possibility of informing the passenger - bus stations, pre-sale tickets points, etc.
3. The Carrier is responsible for the carriage of passengers to their destination specified in the ticket.
4. If for any reason independent of the Carrier, the Carrier is unable to bring the passenger to its destination by its own vehicles, the choice is made between:
(a) to continue the journey or change the route to the destination stop, at no additional cost and under conditions comparable to those provided for in the transport contract, at the earliest opportunity;
b) to have reimbursed the ticket price and, where applicable, free return to the starting point specified in the contract of carriage by the bus or coach service, at the earliest opportunity.
5. If the Carrier does not offer the passenger the choice referred to in subparagraph 4, the passenger is entitled to a compensation of 50% of the ticket price, in addition to the refund referred to in paragraph 4 b). The Carrier shall pay this amount within one month of applying for compensation.
6. In the event of a bus or coach breakdown during the journey, the Carrier shall provide the opportunity to continue the journey by another vehicle from the place of the accident or from the place of the accident to the appropriate waiting area or terminal which allows continuing the journey.
7. In case the regular service is canceled or the departure is delayed more than 120 minutes, passengers are entitled to continue the journey or change the route or obtain the ticket price refund from the carrier referred to in paragraph 4 b.
8. In the case of an accident involving the performance of a contract of carriage, the Carrier shall provide reasonable and proportionate assistance in satisfying the immediate practical needs of the passenger as result of an accident. This assistance includes accommodation, food, clothing, transport and first aid if required. No aid is a liability. For each passenger, the carrier limits the total cost of accommodation up to EUR 80 per night for a maximum of two nights.
9. The Carrier shall be exempted from the carriage obligation:
- a. in a case of circumstances preventing the carrier from fulfilling its obligations by reasons beyond the control of the carrier or which effects couldn’t be prevented,
- b. if the customer has not complied with the carriage regulations,
- c. due to the type of carriage, it is not possible to be fulfilled using the means of transport available,
- d. in other cases provided for in this Regulation or in separate regulations.
11. The Carrier is liable for damage caused by delayed passage or cancellation of a service provided for in the timetable. Where, in accordance with Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) No. 181/2011 dated on 16 February 2011 concerning the rights of passengers in bus and coach transport and amending Regulation (WE) No 2006/2004, hereinafter referred to as: “Regulation of EP and C of EU”. “The carrier shall be obliged to offer passengers a hotel room or other accommodation, the total cost of accommodation for one passenger (excluding carriage between the terminal and the place of accommodation) is limited to EUR 80 per night for a maximum of two nights.
12. The carrier shall not be liable for damages caused by reasons beyond the control of the carrier, in particular such as:
- a) Road accidents or collisions causing delays on the coach route;
- b) Extremely difficult weather conditions;
- c) Fire, damage to the bus station;
- d) Compliance with police demands;
- e) Death or accident on the road;
- f) Acts of vandalism and terror;
- g) Road closures, detours, exceptionally heavy traffic;
- h) Other circumstances beyond the control of the carrier.
14. The carrier reserves the right to change the means of transport, timetable, etc., if it is necessary for reasons beyond the control of the carrier.
15. For the things and animals that the traveler carries with it under its own supervision, the Carrier is liable only if the damage was caused by its fault.
16. The carrier is responsible for the traveler's items placed during transportation in the trunk of the bus as for the consignment, bearing the consequences of their loss, spoil or damage.
17. Any resulting damage to which the passenger was exposed during carriage should be reported immediately upon their disclosure and confirmed in writing by the coach service or attendant of the station where it was disclosed.
18. The range and amount of compensation due to the injured passenger for the fault of the Carrier is determined on the basis of the relevant provisions of the Transport Law Act, the Civil Code and the Regulation of EP and C of EU.
19. The Passenger is liable for the damage or pollution of the bus or other equipment of the Carrier, which was caused by the Passenger or the person it is directly responsible for, and is obliged to pay compensation for such damage in respect of the actual costs of the damage caused.
20. The mutual redress of claims by the Carrier and the person entitled in the court proceedings (after exhausting the complaint / summons), shall be determined by the provisions of Art. 75 of the Transport Law.
21. The claims filing conditions and the detailed mode of handling complaints are governed by separate regulations implementing the Transport Law.
IV CARRIER'S OBLIGATIONS
1. The Carrier in the regular carriage of persons is obliged to provide travelers with adequate conditions of safety and hygiene as well as convenience and proper service during the delivery of transport services.
2. The Carrier shall make public:
- a.at all departure points - timetable,
- b.information on ticket prices and terms and conditions, customer service hours and important carriage and handling regulations.
4. The Carrier provides reliable and professional service and departure of Travelers.
5. The Carrier shall make available the child car seat provided that it is notified by telephone or e-mail 48 hours ahead of time, indicating the passenger's weight, date, time and travel distance. The Carrier has limited number of child car seats. The possibility of the child car seat provision depends on the order of submissions and availability of seat belts on the specific vehicle
6. The Driver, as the representative of the Carrier, has the following duties:
- a. to stop the coach at scheduled stops,
- b. to conduct the Travelers departure in polite and tactful manner,
- c. to inform the Travelers with successive stops on the route,
- d. if the coach is unable to accept more passengers due to lack of seats, the driver is obliged to notify orally the waiting passengers on the stop or by hanging the notification table at a prominent spot on the coach.
1. The bus stops on the routes in the regular carriage of people are indicated by respectively marked bus stops.
2. The names of the bus stops, with indication of the coaches stopping at them, shall be made public in the timetable.
3. The Carrier is obliged to stop the bus at the bus stops provided in the timetable, when the passenger signals willingness to get off or is waiting at the stop.
4. The driver is obliged to withhold the departure of the bus departing from the stop in order to pick up a late traveler signaling intention to use the coach service.
5. The Travelers can get on and off the coaches only at bus stops and bus stations indicated in the timetable.
6. A carrier is entitled to bring a person who has suffered a sudden illness or disease attack, to the nearest medical care facility, if this is necessary to save a person's life or health.
7. A passenger who has purchased a Ticket at an agency ticketing place or otherwise than at a driver's vehicle shall appear at the bus stop at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time of the coach. Failure of the passenger to appear at the latest at the time of departure from the stop will result in the loss of the right to use the place indicated in the Ticket.
8. In the event of non-arrival of the passenger to the initial purchased route departure place of the coach, the passenger loses the ticket entitlement resulting from the Ticket (this does not apply if the Passenger has withdrawn from the contract of carriage prior to commencement of travel under the provisions of the Transport Law Act). The Carrier may agree to commencement of the Passenger travel from another stop. However, it is conditional on the availability of free seats on the bus.
9. When boarding or deboarding a coach and during carriage, the passenger is obliged to follow the driver's instructions, who is responsible for ensuring the proper and safe conditions of carriage of passengers and baggage.
10. Priority of entry have:
1) persons with tickets providing priority of travel and in particular:
- (a) disabled persons with reduced mobility or requiring assistance,
- b) pregnant women,
- c) people with small children in their arms,
3) people possessing tickets without a marked place number,
4) travelers with periodic tickets,
5) persons wishing to purchase a ticket providing priority of travel in particular:
- a) disabled or persons with reduced mobility or requiring assistance
- b) pregnant women,
- c) people with small children in their arms,
12. The priority right to take a seat on a coach belongs to the traveler with a valid Ticket.
13. The traveler is obliged to take the seat indicated on the ticket. This does not apply to the situation referred to in Chapter II paragraph 7.
14. In the coaches with seats marked with numbers, the seat indicated on the ticket is available to the passenger only when boarding at the departure bus stop. When boarding an intermediate stop, the traveler may take a seat not occupied by another traveler or indicated by the driver.
15. A traveler occupying a seat marked "Disabled" shall be obliged to give up the seat to such person if present on board.
16. During the ride, the traveler shall be careful and cautious, especially shall not open the doors and windows without the driver's permission, not throw any objects through windows, get on or off, and jump on or from the moving coach.
17. The traveler shall not behave in the coach in a way that makes the driver difficult to work and cumbersome for the co-travelers.
VI TICKETS AND CONTROL OF TICKETS
1. A purchased Ticket with date and time of departure is valid only on a certain day and service and for a certain route of continuous journey between the indicated stops.
2. The Ticket purchased does entitle a passenger to stopover at intermediate stops on the route. For transfer journeys, the traveler shall purchase a separate ticket for each service or a combined ticket specifying trip and stopover.
3. The length of the journey shown in kilometers on the ticket covers the distance between the departure stop and the destination stop of the route. It does not include episodes of additional route such as exiting from the route to reach one of the route stops.
4. The ticket purchased from the driver during the service is valid only for this service.
5. The printed ticket is a VAT invoice in accordance with § 3 point 4 of the Regulation of the Minister of Finance dated on December 3, 2013 on the issue of invoices (Journal of Laws on 2013, item 1448). An invoice documenting a distance of less than 50 km, is issued in the form of a one-off ticket by taxpayers authorized to provide services involving the carriage of persons, including car fleet, shall include:
- a) number and date of issue
- b) name and surname of the taxpayer
- c) the taxpayer identification number
- d) information that identifies the type of service
- d) amount of tax
- e) amount of total receivables
7. The ticket offices pre-sale tickets 14 days before the planned trip. However, for some services tickets may be sold in a larger advance.
8. The carrier allows booking tickets on the telephone. The booked ticket shall be redeemed at the ticket office no later than 48 hours before the planned date and time of departure. Booking expires for tickets not purchased within this period.
9. Passing ticket to other passengers is prohibited after commencement of journey.
10. In the place of tickets stolen or lost, no duplicates shall be issued.
11 The ticket damaged torn or carrying signs of unauthorized modification and annotation is invalid.
12. During the journey passengers shall keep the ticket for inspection.
13. The driver has the right to dispose of the seats on the coach regardless of the number of the seat indicated on the ticket when the rule of social cohabitation is required, and in particular where the displacement is required by a passenger suffering from a motion sickness or other illness or a person with a disability.
14. In the event that lack of a valid ticket or a reduced ticket entitlement is found by the authorized person, the passenger is required to purchase a ticket or make a payment to the required ticket price from the starting stop of this route to the destination together with the additional fee or receive a request for payment with a confirmation of the amount of the receivable.
15. The additional payment is determined on the basis of the Carrier cheapest one way ticket price, as follows:
- a) 50 times the price - for the journey without a corresponding transport document,
- b) 40 times the price - for the journey without a valid document confirming entitlement to free or reduced fare,
- c) 20 times the price - for the violation of the regulations on the carriage of baggage and animals, and in particular for taking onboard the coach the following:
- i. items excluded from carriage or allowed for carriage under special conditions – in case of fail to observe these conditions,
- ii. carriage of the animals and baggage entitled to fee payment – in case of fail to pay these fees,
- b) 150 times the price - for causing by the traveler stop or change of the route or vehicle for no reason.
17. In the case of immediate payment of an additional fee or within 7 days of the date of issue of the document obliging to pay the fee, the additional fee shall be reduced by 30%.
18. If there is no valid document confirming entitlement to free travel or reduced carriage of baggage, the carrier or his authorized person shall collect the appropriate charge and additional fee or issue a demand for payment. The collected transport charge and additional fee, after payment of the handling fee (in the amount specified in paragraph 17), shall be refunded and, in the case of a demand for payment shall be subject to remission, if entitlement to free or reduced fare is documented by the passenger, no later than 7 days after the date of carriage.
19. In the absence of a photo ID, necessary for the identification of a passenger with an electronic ticket or other identity requiring identification, in justified cases, the driver may refuse to carry the Passenger.
20. It is possible to occupy two adjacent seats by one passenger provided the purchase of a full ticket for the second seat and the possibility of selling tickets to two adjacent seats in the coach.
VII REFUND OF TICKETS
1. In the event of a premature departure of a coach, cancellation of a coach due to an accident, cancellation of full or unfulfilled part of journey, lack of seats, or other reasons preventing the carrier from undertaking a passenger's carriage, the Passenger’s purchased valid ticket price shall be refunded in full. Such complaints will be dealt with on the basis of the original ticket certified by the driver or a traffic attendant. The obligation to certify a ticket does not apply to the situation where the cause of the claim for reimbursement is a premature departure of the bus or cancellation of the journey.
2. In the event of cancellation by the passenger of the contract of carriage for reasons not connected with the Carrier, the refund of the applicable carriage payment for the unused service may be made upon presentation of the ticket at the ticket office of the departure stop, at the traffic attendant’s or the driver's; information in the form of contract withdrawal confirmation. Refund shall be carried out at the Carrier's ticket offices or through a bank transfer with a deduction of 20% of the gross value of the ticket. In the case of an electronic ticket, it is also possible to make a refund of the 20% deduction before commencing travel by means of an internet ticketing system and operator of a payment system where the ticket has been purchased - the passenger reimburses the ticket on its own. The return of the ticket purchased on-line is possible according to the rules specified in the Ticket Sale Regulations purchased via tele - information channels.
3. The driver shall not refund the return ticket.
4. A traveler not allowed for carriage, in accordance with Article 15 of the Transport law, shall obtain the driver's certificate of non-use of the ticket, on the basis of which it shall receive refund of costs incurred with a deduction of 20% of the gross value of the ticket.
5. In order to make changes to the contract of carriage and to the ticket, the traveler shall obtain appropriate certification from the driver, traffic attendant or ticket office and depending on the scope of the change receive refund or pay the receivables difference.
6. In order to make changes in the time and route of the journey, it is required to return the ticket with a 20% deduction of the gross value of the ticket and purchase of a new ticket according to the applicable rates.
7. All refunds of unused tickets are made with a 20% deduction of the gross value of the ticket.
8. In the event of refund of the ticket fee for reasons not dependent on the passenger by mail or bank, the transfer or transfer fee shall be borne by the recipient.
9. In the case of returning an electronic ticket via the online sales system, refund of the ticket fee, after a deduction of 20% of the gross ticket value, is made to the bank account from which the payment for the ticket is made.
10. All full refunds claims for tickets returned after expiry of their validity period or after the departure of the vehicle for which they were issued are excluded, except when the change or withdrawal occurs when the vehicle is stopped during carriage, and the claim concerns unused part of receivables.
VIII BAGGAGE CARRIAGE
1. The baggage carried by the Passenger under the contract of carriage of passengers and baggage may be the baggage placed into baggage compartment and baggage carried inside the bus.
2. The traveler's belongings constituting its hand luggage may be carried inside the bus, which:
- a. does not block passages between the seats and the bus entry / exit,
- b. does not interfere with travelers and does not put them in discomfort or danger,
- c. is kept by the traveler in its hand or lap
- d. is not dangerous by its size or location,
- e. does not hinder the visibility of the driver and other travelers
- f. does not protrude above the back of the passenger while holding it on the lap
- g. is not moving while driving a bus
- h. does not limit the space reserved for other travelers and its size does not occupy more space on the shelves than it’s foreseen for one traveler.
4. The Drivers are responsible for placing baggage of passengers in the luggage compartment and marking it with a luggage tag, the second part of which is handed to the passenger.
5. When the baggage is placed in the luggage compartment personally by the traveler without the driver's knowledge and without being marked with the luggage tag, it will not be considered as transfer of the baggage to the carrier
6. The baggage carried in the baggage compartment shall be packed in a way not to be broken or damaged during transport.
7. The Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage of unsecured or large baggage (e.g. bicycles, skis, etc.) if the driver finds that the baggage does not fit into the baggage compartment or threatens the safety of carriage of passengers and their luggage.
8. The transportation of the following items is prohibited:
- a. dangerous items which may cause harm to persons or property,
- b. items prohibited for transportation under separate administrative, customs, sanitary and cleaning regulations, including: smelly, inflammable, explosive, corrosive, poisonous, radioactive and other hazardous materials,
- c. human corpse and remains of human corpse.
- d. loaded firearm (the prohibition does not apply to persons who are authorized to wear it for their functions);
10. Particularly valuable items (cash, securities, jewelry, and electronic items) and scientific or artistic value items shall be carried exclusively as hand baggage.
11. After the carriage, the driver shall hand out the baggage to the holder of the baggage tag upon request and shall not be required to check whether the luggage claimant is entitled to receive the baggage. The driver may hand out the luggage to a person who cannot present a luggage tag but approves its right to receive it; In such a case, the receipt, upon request of the driver, will be made after signed confirmation in writing. In case of doubt, the driver may demand appropriate assurance.
12. In the case of filing a luggage claim, a ticket and a copy of the luggage tag, which was stickered to the luggage and the damaged luggage, shall be presented for the purpose of visual inspection and confirmation by the driver or a traffic attendant made at the time of the occurrence of the event or a statement justifying absence of such confirmation.
13. The Passenger may declare the value of the luggage (which shall be recorded on the on the driver receipt of the luggage) before placing it in the luggage compartment, but the declared amount shall not exceed the actual value of the luggage. The driver may check the correspondence of the declared value with the actual and in the case of reservations indicate it in the luggage tag.
14. The Carrier shall not responsible for the hand baggage that the traveler is carrying under its supervision as hand luggage unless the damage was caused by the carrier's fault.
15. In the event of loss or damage to the baggage, the Carrier shall be liable to the extent provided for in the Transport Law.
16. In case of loss or damage of luggage, it shall be immediately informed to the driver of the coach in person in order to obtain the confirmation of the loss or damage of luggage and then submit the application in writing to: “POLONUS” Motor Transport Company in Warsaw S.A. Al. Yerozolimskie 144 02-305 Warsaw.
17. The luggage left on coaches, shall be managed by the Carrier according to the rules concerning the items found and the relevant provisions of the Transport Law.
18. If the luggage is left on the coach the driver has the right to open it to examine its contents.
19. Hand luggage carried on the bus and objects left by the passenger after the journey are not covered by the Carrier liability.
20. The baggage left in the luggage compartment if it has not yet been forwarded to the competent authority in accordance with the rules governing the items found, it shall be handed out to the approved passenger upon presentation of the luggage tag or receipt upon proof of the above receipt.
21. In the case of hand luggage, it shall be handed out after it has been identified in such a way that there is no doubt that it is handed out to an authorized person.
IX. LAW AND ORDER OBSERVANCE
1. The carrier does not allow for carriage and has the right to use, if necessary, with the help of the ordering authorities to remove from the bus the persons:
- a. refusing payment of coach fare,
- b. not observing, in spite of the admonition, the applicable regulations and not obeying the instructions of the carrier staff,
- c. under the alcohol, disturbing the order and causing public threats by their behavior,
- d. in a state which may, for various reasons, be burdensome or dangerous to the environment,
- e. the persons who can contaminate other people and contaminate the inside of the bus.
- f. interfering other passengers with the loud cries, singing or speaking in a loud conversation or addressing toward other persons curses or other words that are commonly regarded as offensive, which may offend or disturb other travelers
3. The coach service has the right to refuse to carry more people than the number of seats specified in the vehicle registration book.
4. Radios, tape recorders and other devices playing musical instruments shall not be used during the journey. Passengers can listen to their own receivers if they are not heard by others.
5. It is forbidden to drink alcohol on coaches and to be exposed to alcohol.
6. Smoking, e-cigarettes smoking and drug use are forbidden in coaches.
7. It is forbidden to occupy seats and remain on board coaches for passengers under the influence of drugs or other intoxicating substances.
8. It is forbidden to have snacks like fast food and ice cream in coaches.
9. It is forbidden to throw any objects from the coaches.
10. It is forbidden to occupy places already occupied by other passengers in the coach.
11. Persons threatening safety or order in transport vehicles may be not allowed or removed from the vehicle either by a driver or a person authorized by the Carrier.
12. Annoying persons for travelers or refusing to pay for the carriage may be removed from the means of transport by the driver or the person authorized by the Carrier, unless this would violate the principles of social coexistence.
13. Passengers or other persons who are the perpetrators of damage are liable for damages caused to the Carrier and passengers. In the event of damage or visible contamination of the bus, the passenger is obliged to compensate for damage caused by it to the Carrier's property.
X. INTERNET ACCESS
1. The Carrier in some marked vehicles provides the possibility of free use of the internet by connecting WI-FI to the access point on the carrier's vehicles.
2. Using Wi-Fi is only available in the Republic of Poland territory.
3. Using Wi-Fi is a voluntary service and free of charge, so it does not constitute an obligatory package of services to the traveler on the basis of the purchased ticket for carriage.
4. The carrier shall not be liable for:
- a) temporary lack of access to the Wi-Fi Service, or a decrease in bandwidth,
- b) unauthorized use by the traveler of software or other intellectual property protected material on the Internet,
- c) damage caused by software provided by third parties,
- d) the technical conditions of the radio network and the Internet zone delays that may affect the actual transfer to and from the passenger computer on the Internet.
6. For security reasons, the availability of all network services is not guaranteed.
7. Radio transmission of Wi-Fi service is not encrypted.
8. A Passenger uses Wi-Fi Service at its own risk.
9. Passengers are not allowed to use Wi-Fi for the following purposes:
- a) to upload and share content that is illegal or protected by intellectual property,
- b) to send and share content that may violate any personal property,
- c) mass mailing of unsolicited commercial content (so called spam);
- d) to distribute computer viruses and other programs that may damage other users' computers,
- e) to resell the Internet access without the Carrier's knowledge and written consent,
- f) to significantly increase bandwidth by providing service of servers.
- g) to attempt illegal enter into other users' IT resources
- h) to provide the signal further through repeaters, routers,
- i) to use P2P applications, providing further server service
- j) any other activities that may be dangerous for the operation of the network and its resources or legally unacceptable
11. The passenger is solely responsible for the way it uses the Wi-Fi Service, including materials and other content that is being transmitted.
12. The effects resulting from the use of the Wi-Fi Service and arising from the passenger's provision to the third parties of access to the password / code / login /other passengers data, are the sole responsibility of the passenger.
13. Passengers are not entitled to any claim for temporary or permanent absence of internet signal or bandwidth limitation resulting from, in particular, disconnection or technical problems with the transmitter.
14. The Carrier may, in order to implement the Wi-Fi Service, use "cookies" that may be stored on a passenger's computer. Such files can be read each time you connect to this computer. Cookies provide statistics on passenger traffic and use of individual sites, and enable efficient delivery of Wi-Fi. A passengers may at any time disable cookies in its browser; however, disabling cookies may make it difficult or even impossible to use the Wi-Fi Service.
15. The carrier is not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites.
XI. INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION
1. International carriage, i.e. carriage based on a timetable crossing the border of the Republic of Poland, the provisions of Chapters I to VIII of these Regulations shall apply with the exception of provisions of this Chapter.
2. A passenger traveling across the state boundary is obliged to hold a valid travel document / Passport / entitling to cross the border, a required visa or other valid document entitling to enter and stay in that territory, permission to enter another country or permit to stay in another country if such documents are required.
3. A passenger of international carriage who is not a citizen of a Member State of the European Union is obliged to hold a valid travel document, Passport / and a document entitling to enter or leave the territory of the Republic of Poland in accordance with the provisions of the relevant regulations, and in particular the Act on December 12, 2013. About foreigners / Law Journal 2013, pos. 1650 with later amendments /. If the carriage, according to the content of the ticket, is carried out through the territory of a Member State of the European Union, a passenger who is not a citizen of a Member State of the European Union is obliged, in particular to hold a valid travel document Passport / and a document entitling to enter the territory of the Member States of the European Union through which the carriage takes place.
4. When boarding the vehicle, the passenger referred to in points 1-3 is obliged to show the driver, beside the ticket, the documents indicated in points 2 and 3.
5. The passenger or person authorized by the carrier shall have the right to refuse to perform the carriage in the event of non-possession by the passenger of the documents, in particular referred to in point 2 and 3. If there is a reasonable suspicion that the luggage to be transported by the traveler includes objects forbidden for transportation by the Polish law, European Union law or the national law of the country through which runs the specified bus route or in the country of the departure or destination stop, the driver has the right to refuse to carry such baggage.
6. The rules for carrying out free transport of children, luggage, selling tickets and reimbursement for unused tickets shall be governed by separate regulations applicable to each international line.
7. Carriage of children and youth:
- up to 16 years old - under adult supervision only,
- between 16 and 18 years of age - a statement from parents or foster parents is required.
8. In order to keep to proper departure procedure, the passenger shall arrive at the stop of at least 30 minutes before the planned departure.
9. Conditions for cancellation (return of ticket):
- a) There is a possibility to return the ticket at the latest 24 hours before the planned departure time of the coach with a deduction of 20% of the gross value of the ticket,
- b) The claims for reimbursement of tickets returned after the above mentioned date and after the departure of the coach are not considered,
11. In the international carriage, on lines outside the European Union, the Carrier shall not carry animals. This restriction shall not apply to certified dog guides.
1. A complaint for non-performance or improper performance of a contract of carriage may be filed at any point of the Carrier's departure stop or in the organizational unit designated by the Carrier as appropriate to handle the complaint. Regardless of the above, the complaint will also be deemed to have been filed successfully at the "POLONUS" PKS address in Warsaw S.A. Al. Yerozolimskie 144, 02-305 Warsaw or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The carrier indicates that, in accordance with the Ordinance of the Minister of Transport and Construction dated on February 24, 2006 on the determination of the status of consignments and the complaint procedure (Journal of Laws 2006, No. 38 item 266, hereinafter referred to as “the Ordinance”):
- the complaint shall include:
- 1) the date of the complaint;
- 2) the name and address of the carrier;
- 3) the name and address of the claimant;
- 4) the title and justification of the complaint;
- 5) the amount of the claim (separately for each transport document);
- 6) list of attached documents;
- 7) signature of the person entitled to file a complaint.
- Answer to the complaint shall be given immediately, not later than within 30 days from the date of acceptance of the complaint by the carrier.
3. The carrier is entitled to call on the claimer to eliminate the shortcomings specified in the Regulation within 14 days of the date of receipt of the notice, stating that failure to eliminate the shortcomings within this period will result in the complaint being left unconsidered.
XIII. DATA PROCESSING
According to Art. 24 paragraph 1 of the Act on 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data the Carrier informs that:
a) The administrator of passenger personal data is Polonus PKS in Warsaw S.A. Al. Yerozolimskie 144, 02-305 Warsaw,
b) Passenger personal data will not be processed for marketing purposes (unless the customer agrees to it) and will not be made available to other recipients.
c) The Passenger has the right to access and correct its data.
d) The data is processed only for the purpose and scope necessary for the performance of the contract of carriage (i.e. the purchase of a ticket via the Internet), and the data recipients are only persons responsible for the performance of the contract on the part of the Carrier.
e) The personal data provision is voluntary (there is no legal obligation to provide it). However, not providing an email address prevents from purchasing a ticket online.
XIV. Final decision
Irrespective of the obligations arising from these Regulations, the Carrier is liable for all duties and the passenger is entitled to all the rights resulting from the provisions of the law and, in particular, the Act on November 15, 1984. Transport Law and Regulation (EU) No. 181/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council on February 16, 2011 on passenger rights in bus and coach transport and amending Regulation (WE) No. 2006/2004.
The Regulations come into force on March 21, 2017, pursuant to the Resolution of the Management Board of Motor Transport Company "POLONUS" in Warsaw, a joint stock company, No. 92 / III / 2017 dated March 20, 2017.